Associate Director, Product Management - Glaucoma
We at Topcon are a global leader in the development and manufacturing of technology designed to address society's greatest challenges in eye health, agriculture, and construction. We specialize in integrating optical, mechanical and electronic technologies serving medical, construction, geopositioning and agriculture industries.We are pioneers and innovators who are passionate about developing solutions that improve and enrich people's lives. We operate through a global network of 93 companies made up of subsidiaries and affiliates. We have over 4,900 employees worldwide. Our Medical Division is specialized in Eye Care.
Topcon Healthcare sees eye health differently. Our vision is to empower providers with smart and efficient technologies for enhanced patient care. Keeping pace with the ever-changing landscape of the healthcare industry, we offer the latest integrated solutions including advanced multimodal imaging, vendor-neutral data management and groundbreaking remote diagnostic technology. A globally-oriented business, Topcon is focused on developing solutions towards solving societal challenges in the mega-domains of healthcare, agriculture, and infrastructure. In healthcare, these challenges include increasing eye disease, rising medical costs, access to healthcare and physician shortages. By investing in value-driven innovations, Topcon works to enable people to enjoy good health and a high quality of life.
The Associate Director Product Management – Glaucoma is the unifying hub behind Topcon's product strategy and execution for glaucoma-related products, combining feedback from sales, marketing, product development, customers, and prospects to drive the strategic vision and lead the implementation of new features and products.
The position reports directly to the Senior Director of Global Product Management and is supervising a team of global product managers.
Summary of Responsibilities Include:
- Lead and supervise Product Managers for assigned portfolio
- Create and implement the long-term product strategy and roadmap for assigned products
- Gather and prioritize product and customer requirements based on market needs and in anticipation of the future direction markets are heading
- Align the product vision with Product Planning, Marketing and Medical Affairs and work closely with development, R&D and Regulatory Affairs to continue to deliver remarkable products.
- Collaborate with Sales, Marketing, and Support to ensure our products support our business model and are helping to grow Topcon Healthcare further into a successful diagnostic solutions company
- Gather and analyze feedback from Sales, Medical Affairs, Marketing, Development, R&D, and customers
- Become an expert on other products in the marketplace
Plan, direct, and coordinate all activities associated with creating glaucoma solutions across multiple functional areas and products. Participate in the strategic decisions about technology, definition, and implementation of the assigned products. Provide critical input on all personnel decisions.
A strong candidate will exhibit the following qualities and experiences:
- 5+ years experience in Product Management or Marketing in the medical device industry, with experience in Ophthalmology strongly preferred. Clinical experience is a plus
- Experience with glaucoma-related products and services is a plus
- Strong proficiency in communication, presentation, and leadership. Must communicate with all levels of the business from sales to top management.
- Can travel internationally (once safely possible) and maintain global projects requiring occasional conference calls outside of normal business hours. Extended travel may be 20% - 30%.
Click here to apply